My work at the Johnny Carson School of Theatre & Film includes:
Lighting Design One, Two and Three.
Sound Design One and Two.
technical topics including electrics, rigging, sound systems.
three Graduate Assistants who, in turn, supervise the electrics and
a new moving light lab featuring Martin Pro equipment.
the CAD lab with: AutoCAD, Vectorworks 2008, WYSIWYG, LightWright,
Adobe creative suite, and large format plotters.
Design for selected shows.
work: Faculty search, Curriculum, Recruitment.
Stage Lighting Super Saturday.
Saturday is an all day workshop in stage lighting that I have produced
for three years running. January 2006, 2007, and 2008. With over a
dozen presenters ranging from Award winning designers Ken Billington
and Beverly Emmons to leading industry professionals working in the New
York area. Also involved are lighting equipment manufacturers who bring
their latest technology to demonstrate to the attendees.
- Produced the Stage
Lighting Super Saturday all day
seminar in NYC held at Pace.
- Presented two new degree programs to the
Deans Council of Pace University.
- Received the Pericles Grant for Civic Engagement and a NEH Teaching Fellows grant.
- Instituted a new concentration in Stage
- served on an Ad Hoc Committee to propose the
creation of a new Tenure and Promotion Committee to advise the Dean.
- Served on a Beta Testing team for Tablet PC
- Budget oversight for the Performing Arts
- Published articles for Stage Directions
magazine as well as the USITT Tech Expo juried journal, 2005.
- Facilitated professional development
workshops for NYC DOE to dozens of public school drama teachers as well
as serving on theater curriculum committee.
- Established computer laboratory for
lighting, sound, and technical theater program running AutoCad, SFX,
VectorWorks, LightWrite, SoundWeb and Virtual Light Lab software at
Edward R Murrow HS.
- Initiated internship programs with local union scene shops.